Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heart to Heart

For those who don't know, Cammie has released a brand new set through Gina K Designs, Whimsical Autumn. What makes this set extra special is the following from Cammie's blog:

100% of my proceeds from this set will always go to the Alzheimer’s Association.

Please visit Cammie's blog to learn more about her set and her cause.

She wanted everyone to make a card and give it to a caregiver of Alzheimer's patients. I can't believe how fortuitous this was! My husband IS a caregiver of Alzheimer's patients. Naturally, I made a card for him letting him know not only how much I cherish him as my husband, but as a caregiver as well.

Another interesting coincidence - on April 3rd of this year my grandmother passed away from dementia (of which Alzheimer's is a form). Fortunately, her time with the disease was short and her death was relatively swift.

Thank you Cammie for being so generous! See below my card for my husband. (Sorry for the awful scan of it!)

No comments: